The Global Scholars Program offers support for faculty engaged in scholarship or curriculum development that helps prepare our students and community for global leadership, citizenry, and success. The program is supported and administered by the Center for Innovation & Change and is made possible by the John H. Schroeder Global Scholar Endowed Fund.
Although any global topic will be considered, priority will be given to proposals related to:
- Social Innovation or Changemaking
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
Additionally, priority will be given to proposals that:
- Encourage cross-disciplinary collaboration (joint proposals are welcome)
- Promote global experiential opportunities for students
The selection committee is composed of the deans of UE’s colleges, the executive vice president of academic affairs, the executive director of international programs, and the executive director of the Center for Innovation & Change. Prospective applicants are encouraged to discuss their ideas with the executive director of the Center for Innovation & Change and their academic dean to ensure a final proposal is aligned with the selection criteria.
Current funding will support 3-4 awards of up to $4,000 each. Awards may be used for travel, research materials, conference fees, and/or other related expenses. Award does not include a course release.
Global Scholar Requirements and Timeline
The term for Global Scholars is one academic year (June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024).
- March 31, 2023 at 8:00 a.m. Application Deadline.
- Early April: Announcement of Global Scholar awards.
- June 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024: Global Scholars conduct work.
- June 1, 2024: Global Scholars provide a report detailing the results of their work.
- During the 2023-2024 academic year: Global Scholars present their work to the campus community at a TBD Global Scholars event.
Application Submission Instructions
Include the following:
- Your CV
In no more than 5 pages , please address the following:
- Background for your proposal
- How your proposal:
- relates to social innovation or changemaking (if applicable)
- addresses the UN Sustainable Development Goals (if applicable)
- enhances global experiential education (if applicable)
- encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration (if applicable)
- will impact our campus and broader community upon your return.
- Proposed budget:
- travel costs and timing
- costs for materials, conference fees, and/or other related expenses
- description of any other funding you have applied for or intend to apply for to support this work
Please submit your proposal electronically by 8:00 a.m. on March 31 to Dina Willming at email@example.com.
Rooms 270-274, Ridgway University Center